Tuesday, June 19, 2012

seizures, surgeries, medicines, and my handsome 3 year old!

So for the past six months, I have managed to stay OUT of ALL known hospitals. Ok, So let me rephrase that. I have been going once a week for probably about five to six months or so to have labs drawn, but thats ALL I had to go up there for. THANK YA JESUS!. (I would much rather travel the 2 miles to Southern Tennessee Medical Center,   than the 180 miles round trip to Vanderbilt every Wednesday.) It totally saves time, gas, money, and miles on my car. I was also able to get my hands onto a “standing order” just in case I’m out of town and I need labs drawn, then all I have to do is go to the nearest hospital wherever that may be, and just show them that order and I’m good to go! Oh yea, now my little family can start going on family vacations, and know that we have everything we need if something was to go wrong! So on that note, I want to apologize for being such a slacker on blogging. But between this time and the last, A LOT has happened, so I’m thinking instead of getting behind, I’m just going to do maybe 2 blogs tonight and the rest tomorrow. And also fill you in on what’s going on with me right now. So…..be it as it may….here is what’s been going on. AGAIN!!!!
Corbin’s malfunctions are now functioning!
His T&A and ear tube surgery obviously went fine. His 3 month checkup went absolutely amazing! As you know, before his surgery he was having terrible sleep apnea, and (was not getting the accurate amount of sleep because of this as well.) delayed on his speech, failed hearing the tests. He would get out of breathe easily due to ginormous tonsils that almost closed his throat entirely.  His speech delay was because of his hearing loss, (he heard like he was under water.)  He was also unusually loud because of his hearing. (Literally screaming when he was talking and he never even knew it.)

So that was the list of malfunctions of Corbin's before the surgery, after his surgery, about a week later was able to go back to school. He seemed like a totally different kid, as in, Allen and I were beginning to wonder if it was normal for him to be so quite. He would whisper when he talked. The ENT doctor told us that this is normal, he’s just not use to hearing everyone talking normally, and that they sound funny to him, and he has to adjust his talking as well. His speech has drastically improved probably by a good 85-90 percent. He’s done more talking now since his surgery than I’ve ever known him to talk. The kid just doesn’t like to stop talking. He has passed his hearing tests with flying colors, with the exception of hearing a very faint whisper, in the left ear. But hey, we will take it and run with it! Cause it can’t get any better than that. He has also only had maybe 2 episodes of sleep apnea since then. So no sleep study has to be done at this point and time. He doesn’t get out of breathe easily anymore. So we shouldn’t be having much more problems with his BPD (BronchioPulminaryDisplaysia) in other words chronic lung disease. Sleeps so good at night,wakes up bright eyed and bushy tailed and in the best moods. Not like they use to be, when he would wake up and you couldn’t even look at him without him getting mad.
Before I tell you about his 3rd dental surgery, I believe I will tell you that we would more than likely not experience any more seizures with him because the ear tubes would make it to where he rarely gets ear infections. NOT TRUE! Corbin suffered through a cluster of 3 febrile seizures again about a month ago, so we had him referred to a pediatric neurologist. I’m, going to stop here so I can start on the rest of Corbin’s time with all the doctors. Then I will fill you in about me. Okay?  Until then, see yaw later.

No comments:

Post a Comment